Following from the AGM the update on the proposals is as follows:
- Slight change to the way we advertise permit prices. For example, instead of £50 for an adult plus £20 joining fee, we move to £70 (existing members will get a £20 discount).
– passed by a substantial majority.
2. Member guest ticket price to £10 rather than £15.
– passed by a substantial majority. (Tickets will be available shortly)
3. All trout fishing to be fly only.
– not passed by a substantial majority
4. Annual open day. To coincide with the FORK Gala Day, day tickets will be available to anyone who wants to try fishing on the Kelvin.
– passed by a substantial majority
Overall the AGM went very well. There was some great discussion on one or two of the proposals. Particularly number 3 (fly only for trout) with the ‘fors’ keen to protect the trout, and the ‘nos’ keen to promote angling for youngsters.
Unfortunately we did have one or two members that thought it was acceptable to turn up after spending a few hours in the pub, and were noticeably worse for ware. The AGM is primarily for business, and any social aspect is related to the raffle and an occasion for a chat with some of your fellow anglers. It is not an opportunity to get hammered and cause trouble.
The solution is very simple. The members that were drunk will either be banned from the association or barred from any future meetings. They will not be given the opportunity to show up at any future events.
Plans for the opening day are very nearly complete. We hope that you will join us on the 21st for what looks like a great day out.